Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Songwriter Feature - Karen Hardy




















Karen Hardy is one of the sweetest souls in Nashville and she has one of the most amazing buttery voices I've ever heard. Hearing her sing in real life is incredible, you'd swear you're listening to the radio.  Last week she released a brand new single, "Really Wanna," it is SO CATCHY and always stuck in my head. 

I hope you'll join us tonight on Instagram LIVE at 8pm central time for some original music! In the meantime, I would like to pass the mic over to Karen Hardy so you can get to know her!



When did you start singing/playing music?
I was always singing and making music around the house, but the first time I ever performed on a stage I was about 8 years old. After that I was in every show I could be in and I was constantly putting on concerts in my bedroom. 
How did you get into songwriting?
I picked up guitar because I wanted to be able to accompany myself when I performed. As soon as I learned my first chord progression, I was making up songs and fell in love with it. 
Who are your biggest influences?
Beyonce, Carole King, Tori Kelly
What are you listening to right now?
The new Brandy album!
If you could only listen to one artist for the rest of your life, who would it be?
Omg this is so hard! I would probably say Beyonce. 
What is "Really Wanna" about? What do you want listeners to know about what the song means to you?
'Really Wanna' is about my long-distance relationship. It's really difficult to say everything you want to say in a 15-minute phone call every day. I didn't want to ruin the little time we had together, so I started holding things back. I really just wanted to be able to go over his house and fight out all my feelings. 
If you could write a song with any person dead or alive, who would it be?
Max Martin! I really just want to examine the way that he works because he's obviously got it figured out!
What was/is your experience in quarantine like as a musician?
It's been interesting! At first I thought quarantine was super temporary so I took a little bit of a break from writing and obviously performing. Now that we know that this is more of our long term situation, I've been doing some zoom cowrites, working on the 'Really Wanna' release, and just trying to navigate the new normal for musicians!
What advice would you give to an aspiring singer/songwriter?
I would tell an aspiring singer/songwriter to surround themselves with people who are better than them. It's super humbling haha but you'll learn so much and I really think it's the only way to get better and better. 


MORE ABOUT KAREN HARDY

A dynamic talent poised to take over the pop scene, artist and songwriter Karen Hardy creates upbeat, radio-ready singles that blend sleek modern pop with organic warmth and elements of soul. Often compared to artists like BeyoncĂ©, Tori Kelly, and Ariana Grande, Hardy’s agile vocals demonstrate not only remarkable clarity but also a striking amount of control. Her voice glides from honeyed, low-range melodies to crystal-clear, towering high notes with stunning ease. Hardy reveals herself as a vulnerable, genuine songwriter through music inspired by her own experiences and perspectives. 

Hardy grew up in New Jersey with two older brothers who both have special needs. Her involvement in the disabled community from a young age showed her the possibilities of using other, more creative means of communication. A shy, introverted child, Hardy began to explore music as a way to connect with others and express herself more freely. She started putting on “concerts” in her bedroom, auditioning for every school musical, and stealing her dad’s guitars. At age 16, she left public high school to pursue her dream full-time, earning her diploma early and diving head-first into making music. 

In 2017, Hardy moved to Nashville to pursue her passion for songwriting and performing at the heart of the music industry. Quickly drawing buzz for her enchanting mix of natural warmth and smooth, vibrant pop, she’s spent the past few years writing and recording new music.  From a quiet, New Jersey girl-next-door to a pop phenom in Music City, Hardy continues to evolve her immense talent while remaining true to herself: an authentic artist with a deep desire to affect the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Blog Post

How to grow your TikTok following!

How I grew my TikTok from 0-178k followers in 6 months If you weren't already on TikTok before quarantine, I can almost gua...