Monday, May 4, 2020

Three years later

Today while sitting alone in quarantine I thought to myself, "I should start a blog." Then I remembered I'd created The Songwriter Diary a few years ago, so I've decided to pick up where I left off.

A lot has happened in the last three years.  I released an album, went on tour, got on my first official Spotify playlist, became a Hot Topic brand ambassador, flew to LA with Hot Topic and met BTS, started a TikTok account and grew it from 0-165k in four months....oh! And the world shut down!

Josh and I were about to leave for our second tour, hitting cities throughout the Southeast when COVID19 swept over the world. I've now been in quarantine since St. Patrick's day - 48 days.  It's been strange but I'm finally in the swing of things, and I'm actually quite happy. 

I spend my days reading, making TikTok's, doing TikTok live, cooking (I NEVER cooked before quarantine,) watching TV and crocheting.  I've started making a single crochet queen size blanket and I'm now realizing it's going to take forever. But that's okay, I've got the time.

The world is slowly starting to open back up but I'll be remaining in quarantine. I've got asthma and I can't risk getting coronavirus. So for the foreseeable future, I'll be bundled up writing songs, crocheting, and TikToking.  I look forward to blogging more about this time of my life.  I know we're always living through history but it's crazy to think about how this era of the 2020 quarantine really will be something people read about for decades and possibly centuries to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Blog Post

How to grow your TikTok following!

How I grew my TikTok from 0-178k followers in 6 months If you weren't already on TikTok before quarantine, I can almost gua...