Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Song Feature - "Hallowed Ground" by Joshua Hunt

 











Some of you know my boyfriend, Joshua Hunt, and his music. This week I'd like to introduce you to his song "Hallowed Ground." This song is so special and heartbreaking. 

I hope you'll join us tonight on Instagram LIVE at 8pm central time for some original music! In the meantime, I would like to pass the mic over to Joshua Hunt so he can tell you more about this song. 

What is "Hallowed Ground" about?

I wrote this song during the Syria crisis.  I saw a video from a young Syrian refugee, a girl, who lost everything.  She saw her home reduced to rubble.  The song starts out by talking about that home and then goes to the point of view of a soldier who doesn't know why they're fighting.  We never get a valid reason for why we're fighting wars in my opinion.  

How did you record "Hallowed Ground?"

I sat down with my laptop in my bedroom and started making the track. It began to take a life of its own.  I only had one microphone and I recorded everything with that. 

Can you tell me about the radio recording at the beginning of the song?

The recording at the beginning of the song is from an old advertisement to get people to join the war.  The advertisement made joining the army seem like the deal of a lifetime. It made joining the army seem like a life of joy and action.  It hid the horror that comes with war.  After the advertisement, you hear the ad slowly fade out and you begin to hear the real sounds of war.  This is an audio clip from D Day where you can hear the bullets being fired and the men running and trying to get to cover.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Blog Post

How to grow your TikTok following!

How I grew my TikTok from 0-178k followers in 6 months If you weren't already on TikTok before quarantine, I can almost gua...